Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Short Getaway

Spent a couple of days and a night away from the home sweet home. The whole family drove down to Miri, Sarawak for a short trip just for the sake of getting away from Brunei during the school holiday. Well, it was actually a necessary trip due to some important matters however, it's nice to just be away.. even just for a little while. ;)




Other than the important matters, we did went shopping but we didn't buy as many things as we would have before. It's kinda like just a light shopping trip which was really great. I even bought 2 pair of new shoes, a couple of books and a new iPod casing which I've been wanting for so long. Even if it's not much, I'm still a happy camper :D We spent the trip around Miri town, had a seafood dinner which we don't normally eat back home in Brunei and it was great. We had too much to eat at a very, very reasonable price. :) 



The family kinda just ate a lot during the whole trip. More than we would have.. maybe? Hehehe.. like they say 就是, which in English would be translated as like, "Eating is a Blessing". Don't you think so? We should be grateful for what we have. The little things and the big things. Also, had Starbucks. Ordered something new this time which I tried a Red Bean + Green Tea Frappucino. It tasted really yummy!! I actually thought it would have a really weird taste, like either it will have a very strong Matcha taste or it will be to red-beany. HAHA!! But all was well. 




I even bought daddy his Father's Day gift as well in Miri from Starbucks. He wanted a mug-tumblr-thingie from Starbucks which was the perfect mug to make and drink his favourite Starbucks Colombian coffee in. Hehe.. daddy was really happy with his cup which makes me happy too!! :) He says it's his FIRST ever Father's Day present which was BOUGHT for him. I usually make crafts and things for Father's Day in Sunday School or something for daddy but this time, I actually bought him something. :)




That's my Miri trip in a nutshell. Moving on, on the way home from Miri back to Brunei, we actually stopped by in KB which was really unusual. We went there to try out some Guilingao place. Guilingao is a kind of herbal jelly which has a lot of medicinal goodness in it and it is said to be very good for the skin. I didn't eat the herbal jelly though. I only tried a spoonful because I shared some soup with daddy. The soup was not too salty, not too oily, which is healthy.




Went for a dinner at Grazie Mauri with some of my friends whom I haven't caught up with in a really long time. The food was great and the company even better :) Had a lot of talks and laughs with them. Gonna miss this. We should do this again sometime. ;D 



That's pretty much about my little adventure over the past couple of days. Soon, it will be back to school and studying, which I'm so not ready or even looking forward too. Well, I do love school because of my friends and the fun we have while at school but I just do not like the exams, tests, homework, assignments, projects and the whole lot of studying and revising. I don't think that all these is just me. ;)




Until the next post.
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment