Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Holiday, how I miss thee...

School has only started 2 days ago and I'm already missing and yearning for more holidays to come.Is it just happening to me or am I just weird? During the semester break, I've seen some who posted statuses saying that "Holiday is so boring.." or even "I'm so bored during this holiday.. I miss school". Wow! I sometimes just wonder what did they spend their time on to make them say that.. Most of them who posted these are the younger ones. No worries, you'll learn to appreciate holidays more when you're much older. Trust me. ;)



I appreciate all the holidays. As a matter of fact, I LOVE HOLIDAYS!! It's like the best thing ever. I get to do and accomplish so many things that I wouldn't have been able to do during school days. Man.. I'm so dreading school right now.. Tests, homework, class assignments.. Oh gosh! A Level is really different from O Level or in secondary school. No doubt that in Brunei, we do half the subjects of what we have for O's which would be like doing 4 or 5 subjects in our A's, however, the workload is double of what you're going to get while in secondary school.




When my aunt told me those "words of wisdom" before I started my A Level, I thought she was actually just joking around or making me feel pressured or scared but it's no joke. Sometimes, there's just so many assignments to do that I'll only get a few hours of sleep just before going to school. For A Level in my school, we use the block system where we see our teachers every single day (except for English where it's just 4/5 lessons out of a school week) and they will just give and dump a wholesome of work unto us and expect us to submit whatever work that they have assigned to us the next day. This is really bad especially for Mathematics and Accounting. Hohoho... non-stop assignments and wall-banging moments. I kid you not.



Moving along from my rant, I had a spontaneous outing with my nom nom bestie. We went to have lunch and then off to Cheezbox to have some dessert while doing our homework. My nom nom bestie introduced me to her friend from another school. Yay! Made a new friend today. He's pretty funny. Haha!! Overall, I had fun today + school was a big help in boosting up my mood for the day as I had a rather light load of classes and assignments for today. :)



Oh, bums went back to Singapore today. Had a short outing with her yesterday for the last time before she leaves. We went to the Time Square area because going to Gadong is just overrated. We walked into Citis Square and voila, Gloria Jean's Coffee is finally opened in Brunei. They had a soft opening on Monday but yesterday was really the official working day. So, the two of us went to try it out. Not bad I would say. A few cents cheaper than Coffee Bean for some drinks. Not sure about the number of varieties but I would say that Gloria Jean's Coffee offers some food and beverages that other places won't offer. Something for a change. :) Coincidentally, Gloria Jean's Coffee Brunei was having their Ladies' Day (happens every Tuesday), so us ladies get 30% off. What a good deal eh? ;D




A good news for me too! My aunt just came back today from UK for her summer holiday. Weee~~ another outing buddy. Gifts and souvenirs I love! Haha!! It's been so long that I miss her so much! Great to have her back. Can't wait ;) 




Missing my holiday,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment