Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MIB worries

It's only Tuesday today, the second day of the week, and I'm craving for the weekend already. What is this?! I guess school plays a really big part with me wanting the weekend to come faster. I think this has been a recurring topic. That's how much I love my weekend, my mini-holiday, my free time. I can't wait until this nightmare is over and I get to have a couple months off from studying. >:)


School lessons are fine with me these days. My maths teacher has finished the syllabus at an ultra-fast speed (not joking), I'm left with a topic or two for Accounting and a couple more topics for Sociology too. This SCARES me a lot. Why? Because it means that the whole A Level thing is going to end soon for me and I don't think I'm that ready for everything to end. For all these to come to a close, I would have to take the BIG EXAM which I so ever dread. I have always hated exams and tests, be it small or big, I detest them.


I'm really thankful to have this group of friends who are there for me in school and in my subject classes. They're a big help especially when I'm at a loss with some of my assignments and revisions. We help each other, lean onto one another for support, especially during the tests and exam season. I also have a few Malay friends whom I appreciate a lot. Being in a government school has been quite a challenge to me due to the main language being spoken and my Malay friends have gone all out, translating words and speeches and everything for me. Thanks so much you guys! <3


I'm very used to speak in English and Chinese and I'm absolutely no any good with Malay. Today, I was in the Students' Learning Centre (SLC) during my personal study period to discuss with my teammates for our MIB project. There's 4 in a group and I was the only girl and the only Chinese (not being racist here). I don't know the rest of the boys except for 1 who's in my Accounting class but we don't speak much at all. For the whole time, I had to translate myself whatever that they were talking about during the discussions and I didn't talk much. I felt kind of awkward because they're all boys and they're strangers to me. I was wondering what they felt at that time too.


I'm used to having a couple of my close Malay friends around and we joke that they're like my subtitles. The title being given because they translate a lot to me from Malay to English especially during assembly or official functions in school. I can understand around 70% of Malay but the rest is a disaster. I tried speaking Malay to my friends after the discussion and they're having LAUGHING AND GIGGLING FITS because of my broken and horrible Malay with many wrong terms and grammar used. What a great support system you are guys. =.= (HAHA!! I STILL LOVE YOU ALL) Well, I guess I would have to write out what I'm going to present and have me memorize it. Thanks N for promising to help me out with this. :D xx


Well, I plan to stay in Brunei for a long time and in order to live here successfully, I would have to really polish up my Malay skills. Another thing to add onto my bucket list. I must and will get my friends to help me with this. Oh, another thing that I'm worried about is that every time after a group finishes their presentation, the teacher judging the whole presentation will ask a person out of the entire group a question regarding about the topic that you were given to prepare. The thing is, my teammates told me that the chances of me being the one asked is very high like 90% because as I mentioned above that I'm the only girl and the only Chinese.


That is so very true after giving it much thoughts. Because if I were the teacher, why would I want to ask my teammates the "question" since they're already very knowledgable about the whole thing since it's their culture and everything. So, my teammates said the main target is very likely to be ME. How great! Now, I don't think I will be able to sleep in peace until after my presentation is done with. Hopefully if I'm really the "lucky one", they'll be able to help me out. 


Oh well, that's another thing that I will prepare myself with. An upcoming battle this Thursday and I hope and pray that I'll be ready for anything that will come my way. Who knows that the 10% might happen and one of my teammates will get "lucky" eh? Nobody knows what's gonna happen. ;)


Surviving on,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment