Sunday, October 14, 2012

In God, I will trust

Tomorrow is the second week of the Cambridge A & AS Level that I'm taking. This week is a little heavy for me. 3 papers with 2 of them being Maths. Oh bummer... I suck in Maths big time and that's no secret. What's worse is that I'm particularly poor with the mechanics paper. Hopefully, all things will go well especially with my revisions and my exam.

Yesterday night during Youth, during the Praise & Worship session, I came across a couple of Bible verses. Romans 8:38-39. I've read those verses many times before however, those verses just struck me. The versus just spoke to me and it suddenly just made me realise something that I should have done before. 

Romans 8:38-39

New International Version (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



I'm sure that many of us have felt very unloved and unwanted, scared and alone. Sometimes you just feel that nobody really cares for you even with all the people like your families and friends around you. I've felt these feelings before. Sometimes, I'd just think, where are all the people when you need them? Like this verse has said, nothing can separate us from the love of God. God has always been there for me, the bad times and also the good. 


Like for me, I'm never a person who can handle stress that comes altogether at me at one time. This is rather bad as I'll be at a disadvantaged when I go out to the work force or stumble upon some horrible crisis. Right now, with all these exams going on, I sometimes feel like giving up. I'm a pessimistic person when it comes to my studies. I'm not any good with them and I'm absolutely no "straight-A" student like how all parents want their children to be. But with that verse, I'm sure I can pull through because I know that there's somebody who loves and cares for me a lot. Like what Philippians 4:13 says. I'm more positive about me pulling through these few exam weeks.


Philippians 4:13

New International Version (NIV)
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.



Also, other than the Bible verses, a song that we sang during Praise & Worship , describes what I'm feeling right now. It's amazing how God sends somebody to show me these words of wisdom in my time of needing some pick-me-up.




Still by Hillsong


This song really speaks to me. How many a times where I have tried to rely on my own strength when there's somebody MUCH BIGGER than what I am is able and is wholeheartedly willing to share my burdens with me my fears and the challenges that I face. I should learn how to place my trust in God more often and not just relying on my own strength  No doubt that I'm still learning and there are many more life lessons to learn, however, I know that I'm not alone facing the storms. 


I have more courage and peace within me now as I know that I won't face this exam period all by myself. No matter what happens, I know that God has a plan for me. 


In God I trust,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment