Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Teachers' Day 2012

In Brunei, Teachers' Day falls on the 23rd of September every year which coincides with the birthday of the 28th Sultan of Brunei. Hopefully, it's not too late to wish all the teachers of the world a HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY! 


I'm rather blessed to have met many good and wonderful teachers during all my studying years. Many of which I will remember for as long as I live. That's how great you are to me, teachers. Teaching is a noble job. It takes patience, love, commitment, perseverance  and passion! It might sound cliche but without teachers, I really would be nothing and I would not be where I am today, finishing my last year of A Level.


I've been schooling for 15 years of my life and each teacher plays a different role to me. 

Kindergarten teachers have taught me to spell and count and to read and write, also to sing and dance.

Primary school teachers have taught me the many lessons and skills that are needed to lay the foundation for the years of education ahead after primary school.

Secondary school teachers have taught me uncountable school and life lessons. Other than the normal school stuff, they have taught me that it's okay to make life mistakes while we're young and if we fall down, we have to learn to get up again. To never give up when we stumble and fall.

College teachers have taught me all the further education needed to prepare myself for the university life ahead. They have encouraged me, directly and indirectly, on and on to not give up and to continue press on when I feel discouraged during my 2 years of A Level.

School life has been a challenging road to travel but with the help of teachers, they make it easier for us, students, to keep walking on. I appreciate my teachers and you should too because they are the people, other than your parents, to mould your being and to guide you to the right path. Also not forgetting my ECA teachers, like my piano teacher, my ex-English mentor/teacher, my Sunday School teachers and my Bible Class teachers, you guys are great and I thank you for your tutelage. 


So, a BIG THANK YOU to my teachers for being there and HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY! May all of you continue to share your wisdom and passion to the many generations after.


Thank you, teachers.
Hannah

Disclaimer: All the photos uploaded aren't mine unless stated so. Credits to the original photo uploaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment