Friday, August 17, 2012

School Holidays and the 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony

Oh wow. It's been long since I last posted something here. It's now school holiday for the students in Brunei right now. For me, it's supposedly to be a study break than a school holiday, however, I've been slacking quite some bit and I'm charged guilty for not studying hardcore enough. So far, what I've done for my revision has been just getting by. It's kind of hard for me because when I see other people around me having fun and the times of their lives during the holiday, the mood tends to sink into me and makes me feel so lazy. Fortunately, I have another week of holiday left to help me catch up on all my lost times I spent lazing around to revise and to study. 



So, many things have happened during the course of my absence here. One of them for example is that the London 2012 Olympics has ended. Yup! It's been an eventful 3 weeks and also 3 weeks of not watching other TV channels except for the Olympics Sports channels. I enjoyed the whole thing of course. I woke up at 3.30 AM (due to time differences) this time to catch the closing ceremony. Oh boy, am I lucky not to have school in the morning since I'm on holiday already. The whole thing finished around 7 and I went back to bed and slept the whole morning until 12 PM. Haha! I was so exhausted after the whole thing. I can't wait for the Winter Olympics now that the Summer Olympics is over! :D




This time, the closing ceremony kind of fell a little short from what I expected it to be like. Maybe I've set a much higher expectations after the opening ceremony (thinking, saving the best for last!). The whole closing ceremony is like a concert FULL OF PEOPLE, only being held in the Olympics Stadium. Don't you think so? Only The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate and Prince Harry graced the ceremony but, even so, I enjoyed watching the closing ceremony. I mean who gets to watch The Spice Girls, One Direction, Queen, Jessie J, Russell Brand and many other performers at 4 AM huh? I know a lot of people doesn't think much about One Direction, they talk bad about them and boycott their music but I hold neutral thoughts about them. I don't hate them nor am I a big fan of them. I like their music, it's pretty catchy. No hard feelings here. :)




Also, the SPICE GIRLS ARE BACK!! Woohoo! Some of you might be thinking, eh? This girl over here knows the Spice Girls? How old is she to even know them?! Well, let me tell you. I grew up with a group of relatives. Safer to say, my so-called "aunts" who's actually around my age. I was supposed to call them "ee-ee" (aunt in mandarin chinese) out of respect for the elders as us, the Chinese always place heavy emphasis on. But since we're all almost the same age, maybe a couple much more older, I skipped the honorifics since young. It's a bad habit I know and young kids should not imitate. Okay, back to the topic, my older aunts spent their teenage years watching MTV and we, the much younger kids, spent our free time watching MTV together with them, much to the displeasure of the parents and elders at home. My aunts taught us to sing songs from Backstreet Boys, the Spice Girls, S-Club 7 and more. Yeah, that's where I got all my knowledge of the 90's pop groups. 





Anyways, Spice Girls were really AWESOME back there at the closing ceremony! I mean, who gets to still sing and perform together as a group since the group's break-up until their last performance together in 2008 and they still look the same! Oh boy, I was much more awake after their performance. I have always liked Victoria Beckham, the Posh Spice, because she's just so gorgeous and she looks amazing at the closing ceremony. You might say that I'm biased but her dress was fabulous! ;)




I spent my waking hours nowadays trying my best to focus and study but, I usually get bored of studying and get side-tracked. I'm scared and anxious for what is yet to come. No matter how much I study, I will always feel unprepared. I suffer minor nervous breakdowns during exams and it totally sucked BIG TIME! When I do get my nervous breakdowns, my mind goes entirely blank and it gets hard for me to breathe. I tend to shiver or shake a lot. Sometimes, I go all pale in the face and the teachers would be coming and asking if I was okay. That, I need to work on it. I need to overcome my exam fears. One more week to make up for it and that's it. Hopefully, all will go well in the end.



I pray and hope,

Hannah :)

Disclaimer: All photos are not mine unless stated so. Credits to the original photo uploader. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment