Wednesday, August 22, 2012

10 things about me

I just wanted to share 10 things that MOST people don't know about me.


1) I am an introvert. Many of my friends would question this fact but it's the truth. I'm only talkative and more active around the people whom I know for a long time already. If not, you'll be finding me trying to camouflage myself in the surroundings. Not wanting any extra attention than what I'm given already.

2) I'm an awkward person.. or rather I feel awkward many a times. Due to me being an introvert, I don't really fit well in many social functions. I get really awkward and embarrassed altogether sometimes and will hope that everything will end soon before things get worse.

3) I'm a bathroom singer (not literally in the bathroom, but just a term where I don't sing out in public). I love to sing.. when nobody's watching me. Which means I sing while I shower or in my bedroom. My not wanting any extra attention would be one of the reason of me being a bathroom singer. Not that I sing well anyway, I sing just for fun. :)

4) I love to read. Some might be like, what?! Seriously?! You're such a bookworm! Yup, I love reading during my free time. I have many books of different genre. I don't have a particular genre that I like best but I don't like reading science-fiction, unless it's really, really, really good. One of these days, perhaps after my exams, I would like to have a day where I can sleep in through the day, waking up with a cup of warm tea and a good book in hand. That would be bliss for me. :D

5) I like learning languages. It's on my bucket-list. Learn as many languages as possible in my lifetime. I might not be very good at it but at least I know some basics of it. So far, I can speak fluent English, fluent Mandarin (Chinese dialect), average Standard Malay, average Hokkien (Chinese dialect), manageable Cantonese (Chinese dialect), basic Korean (enough to maybe strike a short conversation) and also Hakka (Chinese dialect) which I can only listen and understand but not speak. I'm a half-Hakka and half-Hokkien, so shame on me. Other than these languages, I can say the basic greetings like, Hello, Bye, Thank You, in German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Thai and Tagalog. There's more I would like to learn if time permits.

6) I hate mint. I cannot tolerate mint in any of my food and drinks. If I taste any mint flavours in my food or drinks, I would gag. This is a problem since I was very young. It took me a really long time to change from kiddie non-mint toothpaste to the normal mint-flavoured toothpaste which I used only when I was 7 years old. Even know, if I'm brushing my teeth and the toothpaste gets too far in, I would totally regurgitate it all out. If I were at the dental clinic , I would usually request for my dentist to give me plain water for mouth washing after the dentist is done with my teeth because they usually provide mint water. ><

7) I don't really like eating sweets except for chocolate candies. I love chocolate! I like gummy bears too. I can eat them candies but just not too much in liking them. Weird, I am. Haha! Usually when friends or somebody offers me candies, I would usually politely reject them but I do accept them sometimes. :)

8) I like to cook.. but I'm too lazy to clean up after my own mess. Which means, I don't cook a lot due to my laziness. I would cook if the situation really needs me to, otherwise it would always be dad who's cooking for the family. I like baking too, but I don't have a working oven. I do cook sometimes, like pasta or making sushi or something else, but only if I "feel" like it. So, yeah, it explains why I don't normally cook or bake. :P

9) I'm more of a city girl who's used to concrete jungles than a nature girl. I can be in the nature jungle, exploring and such but I wouldn't be feeling comfortable. Maybe it's a bad thing but I do still go out there some times. It's just that I prefer to be living in the city or the suburbs at most. Maybe I will go to the country for a vacation but not for long-term living.

10) I don't make new friends easily due to my awkward and introvert nature. However, I do have a nice set of friends around me. I made some new friends in my current school but it took me more than a year to actually talk and make friends with them. So, don't be afraid to chat me up because I will normally shy away when somebody approaches me. It will take a longer time to get to know each other when compared to normal people. Bad habit.

So, that's 10 things about me. Just felt like doing one.. Maybe I'll do another one next time. All these re just random facts about myself. Whatever that pops into my head while writing this post goes here. That's all for now ;)


It's all about me!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment