Friday, December 7, 2012

FIRST solo adventure

[UPDATED: 14 December 2012]

I am now sitting in a cosy corner of Coffee Bean at Wisma Merdeka which is in the city centre of KK, writing out this post and watching the city get more busy, with increasing population and cars on the road as people commute to work. It so happen that I wanted to go out to sightsee and do a little shopping, but my aunts are all working so, I'm left to wander around on my own. Since most of the shops are only open by 10AM, I'm taking my sweet time at Coffee Bean having a Smoked Salmon Norwegian Sandwich with a cup of Hot Double Chocolate for my breakfast. I'm now too full to even have my lunch on time. 


I was woken up early by my aunt to get ready so that we can leave together. Well, since her workplace is in the city centre also, might as well. Anyway, today would be the very first time that I'm going around in a foreign country alone (even if KK is my hometown - my birth place and my dad's home, I grew up all my life in Brunei. So, I can consider KK as a foreign country?). There's always a first for everything right? 

The last couple of days, since I arrived in KK has been great. The moment I got out of the airport, my aunt brought me to eat my favourite dumplings at this coffeeshop at Hilltop. I have also met up with my other aunt and cousins over a Korean dinner at City Mall yesterday night. 


I'm going to walk around the nearby shopping malls a little later to see if I can grab any good shopping deals and enjoy the solitude. My first solo adventure begins now. :)

All by myself,
Hannah

p.s. I shall upload pictures of my trip a little later when I have the time :) 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! i was planning to have a solo flight to KK this december but many things come in my way, so i had to cancel and went to miri instead. LOL. I miss that awesome feeling when travelling solo.. i did it last year to Boracay (http://zone86.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-first-solo-trip-boracay-island.html) im looking forward for another solo trip next year again. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you :) I did have a really fun time in KK. Lots of cheap and yummy foods all around and shopping since there's SALES everywhere to accommodate the festive season. I enjoyed your post to Boracay. Should make a visit there sometime in the future. Have a happy new year!! :D

      Delete