Friday, October 18, 2013

Deadlines

I'm back again with another post! So soon right? Taking Friday today as a small opportunity to take a breather from a very hectic week back at school.

Yesterday especially... was an extremely exhausting day for me. I had an assignment due which I started some time ago but can't seem to be at peace with it. There were constant changes to what I wrote, my references weren't as good (because I'm kinda bad at referencing) and etc. Well, you get the whole picture.

So, with some advise from my course-mate, I managed to get back on track and was more decisive on what I was going to do for assignment (even though I still don't like what I wrote... I felt that it wasn't enough in content though the word count was great). 

My assignment was due yesterday, Thursday, and I burnt the midnight oil past Wednesday night until the wee hours of Thursday morning, making sure that I did things correctly. I was being extremely paranoid at that point to the point that I couldn't even fall asleep though things were done and completed. I guess that the stress crept up on me. 

I only fell asleep when I start to see the light of day outside my window. I slept for about only 3 hours and I had a full day of lectures and tutorials and night time Bible study. Wow! Thinking back to it, I totally wondered how I even survived through the day! I bet that my aunts or my parents will chide me for not having proper sleep and all if they should read about this.

They have been getting on about having proper and regular sleep because bad sleeping patterns wears out a person health-wise. I've to clear that I'm trying to sleep early these days, latest by 11 pm. But, this was a special case as I couldn't sleep because of my assignment deadline and all. Also, I compensated my sleep deprivation by sleeping in until 9.30 am this morning!

I have more deadlines to follow in the coming week and a test tomorrow. Ha! I'm so not ready for it. Anyway, I believe that God is good and I can lean on Him when times get tough.


I came across this a few days ago and I found it pretty true. When you're press for time, your creative juices tend to flow more abundantly. Well, in my case that is. Though I would totally advice you and also make a mental note to myself, to never put things off to the last minute. It wasn't a last minute preparation for me but many of the changes to my assignment was definitely last minute. 

To another hectic week coming ahead,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment